TOPIC:

Find my font crashes on PC 3 years 7 months ago #1234

• Antraxia
  • Antraxia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there,

I have a licence since 2017 , but for maybe a year now, I can't use the program.

Every time I enter or click on search font. The program just shuts down. I just downloaded the latest version and it does the same.

I have sent an email about a year ago but did not receive any responds.

Please help!

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Find my font crashes on PC 3 years 7 months ago #1235

• fivos
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi,
we have thousands of active Find my Font Pro customers and nobody reported a similar issue, therefore it has to be something related to your installation e.g. a conflict with another piece of software or a corrupted font file.
I suggest the following steps to investigate & solve the issue:

1. Keep a note of the email & License Number. You can find that in menu: Help => License Information

2. Remove all versions of Find my Font from your computer - including any old fontsets

3. Download and install a fresh Find my Font 3.4.02 by entering your license number at the following page:
www.findmyfont.com/download/product-update

4. Add any old fontsets one-by-one and click on "Match Fonts!" after each addition, to ensure it's not the specific fontset causing the crash. Find my Font will normally detect a crash due to a corrupted font and prompt you to exclude this font on next restart.

5. Try to uncheck (disable) the Local Matching option and click on "Match Fonts!" button.
If this works OK the problem probably is on a corrupted font file.

6. If the issue persists, please send us the following info to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for further investigation:
a. What is you operating system? (Window 7?, Windows 8?, Windows 10?)
b. What was the last version of Find my Font which worked OK for you?
c. What is your current version of Find my Font?
d. What is the specific error you receive when the application crashes? (A screenshot of the error is required).

King regards,
Fivos

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO
Last edit: by fivos.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

FmF Ajax Search