• Page:

TOPIC:

activation - part 2 2 years 9 months ago #1382

• keith1
  • keith1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Thank you received: 1
Further to my previous post in which I described not being able to activate Find My Font on a new computer . . .
I found a post here that outlined the same issue (hopefully you are learning that there is a problem here).
I have now installed a Pro version but cannot activate it because after entering my license I get a dialog telling me that the software is already license under my name on a different computer.
No shit! The different computer is mine and it currently resides tucked away in a closet awaiting my next trip to the dump.
Now what?
Keith

PS/ The email button attached to your license dialog doesn't work either (same as your web contact form). It wouldn't be my choice to post on an open forum but I'm left with no option.
I'm not happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

activation - part 2 2 years 9 months ago #1383

• fivos
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi!
Some answers to your inquiries:

1. We have no issues reported regarding our contact form, please send us an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to describe the issue have you have encountered, along with a screen capture of any error messages.

2. The email button in License Registration form works fine, as long as you have installed an email client (like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) to your PC . It's not designed to work with web-based email services. You can always send us an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

3. The Find my Font free trial and Find my Font Pro are 2 totally different applications. You can't activate the Find my Font free trial using a Pro License but you can always download the latest Find my Font Pro version by entering your License Number here:
www.findmyfont.com/download/product-update

4. Find my Font Pro allows you to Deactivate / Reactivate the product to a new computer even if you don't have access to your old one:
You may follow these steps:
a. Install the software you downloaded in step (3) to your new PC.
b. On first run, enter your email & License No and click on [Deactivate License]
( Note: This step IS REQUIRED, even if the software status is "Activation Pending" in your new PC)
c. Run again Find my Font, enter your email & License No and click on [Activate] as usual

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawcett

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO

activation - part 2 2 years 9 months ago #1384

• keith1
  • keith1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Fivos,
Find My Font is now activated. Thank you!
I just did a test email on your online form. Today it works. Yesterday I tried twice, it didn't work.
I didn't test the email button on your activation dialog again. I generally use a Yahoo account. This could have been the problem. I believe if not most, then a good many people these days use gmail, yahoo, or similar web based mail. My business email, while my own domain, is also a webmail application.
I did look for an email address to be noted somewhere on your site. All I could find was the form, which yesterday didn't work. I often find it a crap shoot as to whether or not an online form will work. I try to avoid them where possible.
On a more positive note . . .Find My Font software works wonderfully! In the business I'm in I have 1,000's of fonts to activate & deactivate. Find My Font scours my font storage folders and, should that come up empty, it will search the internet and success rate is amazing. Often finding some obscure font that I didn't know I had will be 'close enough'.
Thank you once again,
Keith
The following user(s) said Thank You: biplob99

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

FmF Ajax Search