• Page:

TOPIC:

Not finding 1000+ fonts in a folder of 2413 fonts 11 years 4 months ago #284

• mattcbarry
  • mattcbarry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Thank you received: 0
I created a Font Set by directing ‘Find My Font’ to a folder on my computer in my Home Directory. The folder contains 2413 Fonts, consisting of otf, ttf, dfont, and font suitcases (no postscript fonts).

'Find My Font' is only showing that it found 1485 fonts. When I go to Browse Fonts, large numbers of fonts are definitely missing, well over a thousand considering the FMF counts fonts within multiple face suitcases and off fonts. For example, it skipped Bodoni, but took Bodoni Ornaments. All of these fonts are seen by Apple’s Font Book and by Extensis Suitcase.

FOLDERS FMF COUNT FONT FILE COUNT IN FOLDERS
Sys: System Folder 0 0
Sys: System Library 59 40
Sys: Network Fonts 0 0
Sys: Library Folder 268 261
Sys: User Fonts 0 0
Fonts - Suitcase Fusion 1485 2413

Using Mac OSX 10.8.2 on a 27” iMac. Find My Font 3.1 Mac-Pro.

Please see attached Screen shot: FontSets Setup.

Any ideas about what might be going on? I really need all of the fonts to be available for matching.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Not finding 1000+ fonts in a folder of 2413 fonts 11 years 4 months ago #285

• harris
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 51
Hello Matthew,

If you haven't seen the this thread please have a look at it. It gives some extra information on why some fonts may be missing from your FontSets.

Since the number of missing fonts is large it would be helpful if we could have a look at the log file that was produced by the program. Can you please email me the latest log file to the address shown in our contact form?
The log files can be found at: /Users/userX/.config/FindMyFont/fmfdata/logs

Harris Kisseoglou
Operations Manager
Softonium Developments

Harris Kisseoglou
Operations Manager
Softonium Developments

Re: Not finding 1000+ fonts in a folder of 2413 fonts 11 years 4 months ago #286

• fivos
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Matthew,

As Harris already said, it would be useful to perform again the Create Fontset operation,
and send us the corresponding log file, using the following process:

==============================================
If we assume "userX" is the installation user, there is an XML preferences file (containing all option values accessed by Cmd-P) which is stored in the following path:
/Users/userX/.config/FindMyFont/fmfdata/FindMyFont.opt

Please do the following:

a) Use any editor to manually edit the preferences file and set LogLevel="3" (please be careful to not edit or remove anything else)

b) Repeat the problematic Fontset Creation operation

c) Send the associated log file to email: support_at_findmyfont.com [replace _at_ with @]

The log files are stored (e.g.) in:
/Users/userX/.config/FindMyFont/fmfdata/logs/2012_12_18_findmyfont.log
and there is a separate log file for each of the last 5 days.
==============================================

More than this, it would be helpful to provide us with some more information and do the following tests:

1. Is your "Suitcase Fusion" folder directly stored in your hard disk (a local folder) or is there any chance to be a "virtual folder" (a link) to an external drive or another computer in your network?
From what you say I assume it's a local folder, but I just wanted to be sure.

2. Are the fonts in your "Suitcase Fusion" folder under the control of a Font-Manager?
If yes, copy some of the problematic fonts into a new folder and try to make a Find my Font Fontset using this new folder.

3. Assuming "Bodoni" is a problematic font (not recognized by FmF):
3.1 - Is "Bodoni" inside a MacOS Font-Suitcase or is it an independent OTF/TTF file?
3.2 - If "Bodoni" appears to be a True Type font, can you check if the actual file has a .ttf extension (e.g. "Bodoni.ttf")?
3.3 - If "Bodoni" appears to be an Open Type font, can you check if the actual file has a .otf extension (e.g. "Bodoni.otf")?
2.4 - If neither .ttf or .otf extensions are present, could you please do the following test:
a) Make a copy of the "Bodoni" font to another folder
b) Change the copy's filename to "Bodoni.ttf" or "Bodoni.otf"
c) Try to create a Find my Font fontset using this new folder, to see if the font is recognized

We are sorry for the inconvenience
and please provide us with the information above, to be able to help you.

Fivos

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO
Last edit: by fivos.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

FmF Ajax Search