• Page:

TOPIC:

Connection error! 5 years 4 months ago #944

• dikavanuki
  • dikavanuki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, there is always connection error when trying to match font (sending request) and finding font is very fast with nothing match
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Connection error! 5 years 4 months ago #945

• fivos
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 73
This may happen in some rare cases when our servers are at peak load (usually between 14:00 - 16:00 GMT) but if it happens more often than e.g. 1% of the requests or it happens ALWAYS, this is a different kind of problem.
Our servers' traffic load for the last few hours looks normal so it's probably something at your end.

a) Try to perform the following operation: Help => Check for updates
If this operation also returns a "no connection" error that means some software in your computer blocks the Find my Font connection to www.findmyfont.com

b) If Find my Font was previously working OK and now it ALWAYS returns a connection error, please check if you have recently installed some new software which blocks the connection to www.findmyfont.com

c) Go to console [run cmd.exe on Windows or console on Mac] and try to execute the following command:
ping www.findmyfont.com
The result should look like this:
C:\Users\fivos>ping www.findmyfont.com

Pinging findmyfont.com [108.167.143.113] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 108.167.143.113: bytes=32 time=153ms TTL=43
Reply from 108.167.143.113: bytes=32 time=153ms TTL=43
Reply from 108.167.143.113: bytes=32 time=152ms TTL=43
Reply from 108.167.143.113: bytes=32 time=152ms TTL=43

Ping statistics for 108.167.143.113:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 152ms, Maximum = 153ms, Average = 152ms
if you didn't get any results (e.g. "no reply" or "unknown server") some other software is probably blocking your connection.
If you get times > 200ms your connection is really slow and you have to check your internet connection with your internet provider.

Examples of software which may block Find my Font internet connection:
1. An O.S. firewall or an Antivirus firewall: In this case you must add an entry to firewall whitelist to allow access to www.findmyfont.com
2. A proxy server: If your company's policy is to connect to internet through a proxy server, you must go to Find my Font => Preferences => Network and add the appropriate Manual Proxy settings (you may need to ask your network administrator for the correct settings).

Please let us know if the issue is solved. If you still have an issue, specify if this happens ALWAYS (for every font id request) or it happens sometimes only e.g at specific time or once every 100 requests (which is a generally accepted fail ratio).

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO
Last edit: by fivos.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

FmF Ajax Search