• Page:

TOPIC:

Issues on Mac OS X High Sierra 5 years 5 months ago #954

• dklotz
  • dklotz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, since a couple of weeks I got a problem with Find-my-Font for Mac. I have a commercial license and use the
Application Version 3.3.15.
One thing is, Find-My-Font no longer seems to search my local fonts for matches. At least there don't come up
any search results, although I have the desired font installed on my
Mac.
The other issue occurs whenever I quit the program. It always crashes on quit now.
Are these known issues on Mac OS X High Sierra? Will there be an update?

Regards,
Dirk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Issues on Mac OS X High Sierra 5 years 5 months ago #955

• fivos
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Dirk,

as you can see in a recent answer to another post regarding Find my Font 3.3.15 compatibility to Mac OS X High Sierra, our tests indicate no compatibility issues.

As a general guideline:
=> Were these issues actually started after upgrading to Mac OS X High Sierra?

=> Do you notice any other "strange" behavior on other applications at the same time?

=> Have you tried to remove/reinstall Find my Font to see if this solves the issues?
You can always download the latest version of Find my Font Pro by entering your License No at the following page:
www.findmyfont.com/download/product-update

(a) Regarding local fonts search
Here are some additional info which may help you to identify & solve the issue:
1. Find my Font identifies both Installed Fonts (stored in a number of user & system folders) and also Not-Installed fonts (stored in any folder)
2. Find my Font automatically detects installed fonts on initial software install and creates a number of System FontSets. Not-Installed fonts require you to manually create a separate "FontSet" for each root font folder you may have by going to menu "Fonts" => "FontSets Setup" => ("Add FontSet").
3. If you add/remove any fonts from either System or Not-Installed FontSets you should go again to menu "Fonts" => "FontSets Setup", select the appropriate FontSet(s) and perform a "Refresh FontSet" operation.
4. In some cases it is reported that if a folder name or any part of the path to a Not-Installed fontset contains special letters or symbols (e.g. French or German accented characters, etc.) the fonts of this fontset are not handled nor identified correctly. If this is the case, you can try to move the these fonts to a simplified path containing only standard ASCII characters (i.e. letters a-z, A-Z, 0-9, space & underscore) and create a new FontSet on this path.
5. You can test if a specific font is included in local search by clicking on "Browse Fonts" and filter the fonts displayed by typing part of the font family name in the "Search for" field. If your font appears in the list and you can also see a corresponding preview image on the lower left pane, your font is included in local search operation and works fine.

(b) Regarding crash on quit
We can't replicate the issue. Would you please check if it's solved by a Find my Font re-installation?

Please let us know if you manage to solve the issues or you need any additional assistance!

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO
Last edit: by fivos.

Issues on Mac OS X High Sierra 5 years 5 months ago #956

• dklotz
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
Hi Fivos,

thanks for your quick reply!

=> Were these issues actually started after upgrading to Mac OS X High Sierra?
I think yes. However, I can't answer this exaclty as I haven't used FMF for quite a while. Last usage was before the OS X upgrade, I think.

=> Do you notice any other "strange" behavior on other applications at the same time?
Nope

=> Have you tried to remove/reinstall Find my Font to see if this solves the issues?
Not yet. I will do this and post the result here.

Thanks again for your time and support.

Regards,
Dirk

Issues on Mac OS X High Sierra 5 years 5 months ago #957

• dklotz
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
Okay, I reinstalled the software. Didn't solve the issues...
I sent an email with detailed information to support.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

FmF Ajax Search