• Page:

TOPIC:

License Activation (1 per machine) 10 years 2 weeks ago #381

• matrix29bear
  • matrix29bear's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, I activated FIND MY FONT on my work PC at the printshop so I can figure out quickly which font the customer brought in out of the thousands of possible fonts that it could be.

Otherwise it is a game of "You are in a maze of thousands of fonts, your quest goal may not be found in this cave, but it sure will take you a few hours trying to reach your goal even if you fail entirely." And that game stinks in general. The Free program NEXUSFONT is great for organizing & categorizing your fonts by tagged types that you enter for every font.

At any rate, my boss decided to upgrade my machine to a faster machine with more memory.
Now I am forced to rebuy my software other than having my software license tied to myself and not the machine I am using it on. The overly highly-repulsive restrictive license (1 install per machine - PERIOD. Most jerky software licenses allow at least 3 installs) locks me in an undesirable situation.

Apple software licenses travel with the user account. You can install on many devices, but can only actually use one running software instance on the current account. In short, like Valve's STEAM license scheme, the license travels with the user and is not locked to hardware that can fail or be upgraded.

I will be probably rebuying this software to regain the speed & function I am used to, but I will be looking out for less restrictive alternatives at every day and be dumping this company as quickly as I can with the current software license setup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by matrix29bear.

Re: License Activation (1 per machine) 10 years 2 weeks ago #382

• fivos
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi there :)

The first thing I noticed is that you are really frustrated,
but I think you have misunderstood one or two things regarding our license policy.

a) Each license can be installed on a single machine, yes.
But if your read our current policy terms you can see that we allow for installation on 2 machines (we can send you a 2nd license) for each purchased product, as long as they are not used concurrently (e.g. one machine is at office / the other at home)

b) There is no need to re-buy the software if you need to move (re-install) the license to another, newer machine. The steps to follow are very simple:
1. You send us an email to support(at)findmyfont.com [please use the same email account used on product purchase] to state your wish to activate the application to another machine
2. We reset your license activation
3. You install Find my Font using your current license to another machine

You can repeat this procedure as many times as you wish.

I hope you are happy with this solution.
Kind Regards
Fivos

PS: As for alternative ways to find a font, I suppose you have noticed that Find my Font remains by far the most accurate and fastest method for now :)

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO

Fivos Vilanakis - Softonium Developments CTO
Last edit: by fivos.

Re: License Activation (1 per machine) 9 years 11 months ago #394

• Chris764
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Fresh Fonter
  • Thank you received: 0
HOLY POOP THIS IS AWESOME! I completely forgot about this before purchasing the product. It's all good now that I read your post. Plus I'm getting my new PC soon.

I travel a lot and I take my laptop with me and work through out the states. It's always good to have one extra license. Thanks for this. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

FmF Ajax Search